I’ve been going to council meetings for about two years now and make the most of the public participation session. This is a 15 minute slot in the second full Town Council Meeting every month. Any member of the public is entitled to attend these meetings.
- I’ve been working hard to try and get South Molton Town Council (SMTC) to put more information on their website and have been partially successful. The agendas and minutes of some of the meetings are now posted online.
- As a direct result of me raising the need, SMTC recently purchased a defibrillator. It is now located in the Spar shop. Click here to see the story in the North Devon Journal.
- I raised concerns about the “Merry Christmas” sign on the front of the Old Post Office and asked SMTC to remove it. They should only put it up over the Christmas period. The sign eventually disappeared! See the before and after photographs.
- I successfully campaigned to drastically cut the number of car parking spaces at the end of Parsonage Lane (Gas Lane) next to the proposed new allotments.
- I successfully contributed to the campaign to get the initial planning application for a very large anaerobic digester at Great Hele Farm rejected (See Journal articles here and here). Unfortunately despite my further protests, and those of others, when the application when to appeal it was successful.